YEO LI CHIUN CHRISTINE
LLB (Hons) National University of Singapore
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
T: 65 6230 1171
Christine practises and majors in corporate banking law and the law of real property. Her current practice focuses on real estate and finance and she represents corporate and individual clients in a broad range of real estate transactions. She handles a wide range of conveyancing real estate and property matters including sales, purchases, mortgages and leases of residential, commercial and industrial properties, drafting of credit and loan documentation, development work and more recently acted for a foreign bank in an overseas project financing facility of S$110 million to part finance the construction and development of a foreign system school in Singapore. Prior to specializing in banking and property, she also has commercial and litigation experience in acting for major banks and financial institutions in the area of credit recovery and financial disputes, sale and purchase transactions with leaseback options as well as the sale of shares in the real estate holding company.
2001 – LLB (Hons), National University of Singapore
2002 – Admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court
Christine’s real estate, banking and corporate portfolio includes the following:
- Acted for collective sale committee in a collective sale involving a S$36 million development project.
- Acted for a Malaysian Bank in an overseas project financing facility of S$110 million to part finance the construction and development of a foreign system school in Singapore.
- Acted for a purchaser in setting up a special purpose vehicle in acquiring a commercial building via sale by tender.
- Acted for a corporate client in the application for hotel keeper’s licence and in acquiring a premises for use as a hotel.
- Acted for various corporate clients in the sale and purchases as well as leases of JTC properties.
- Acted for developers in the purchase of property for development into new residential and non-residential properties.
- Advised banks on new banking products and drafting of documentation for such products;
- Acted for finance companies in the drafting and reviewing of credit and security documents for financial institutions;
- Acted for sellers and purchasers in respect of unlicensed developments;
- Acted in leases/tenancies of residential, industrial and commercial premises;
- Acted for banks in mortgagee sales;
- Acted for Vendors in drafting and review of terms of auction, tender and other sale and purchase documentation;
- Acted for on- and offshore banks in securitizations by way of loans and debt instruments as well as participations, transfers and acquisitions of debts and securities, and rescheduling and restructuring of debts.
Awards, Memberships or Publications
- Recipient of the prestigious ASEAN Scholarship Award
- Member of Law Society of Singapore
- Member of Singapore Academy of Law
- Appointment as Tutor by the Singapore Institute of Legal Education for the Singapore Bar Exams